BLOG POST ARTICLE
STC ACHIEVES SIGNIFICANT HONORS FOR 2021
South Texas College has achieved significant honors so far for 2021, placing the college among the best when it comes to affordability as well the quality of its online campus, bachelor’s degrees, nursing program, and many more.
Nearing the mid-point of the year, STC ranks:
- No. 1 in the nation for “Most Affordable Online College for Bachelor Degrees” by Online College Plan.
- No. 1 in the nation for “Most Affordable Associate Degree in Nursing Program” by NursingSchoolHub.
- STC is ranked No. 1 in Texas as 2021 “Best Online Community College” by Premium Schools.
- Ranked second for “Safest College Campuses in Texas” by Niche Rankings.
- STC’s LVN Program ranked Top 15 (out of 60+) BEST LVN Programs in Texas according to 2021 nursingprocess.org.
Since its creation, STC has expanded to include over 28,000 students each semester on five campuses in Hidalgo and Starr Counties, along with the STC Regional Center for Public Safety Excellence, two higher education centers, and a virtual campus.
STC offers 127 degree and certificate options, and 36 fully online programs, and is authorized by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board to offer Bachelor of Applied Technology and Bachelor of Applied Science degrees. (https://news.southtexascollege.edu/a-history-of-excellence/)