The CTN-Ascender program completed the first year of its demonstration project in south Texas with dramatic results.
- In the fall, 86% of our students passed the DevEd integrated reading and writing course (INRW) with a “C” or better
- The persistence rate from the fall INRW to spring ENG 1301 (credit-bearing course) was 85%
- In the spring, 91% of our students passed ENG1301 with a “C” or better.
- Compared to a non-intervention group, we increased success rates by over 50%.
Our first year data shows great success in accelerating CTN-Ascender students out of remedial education and giving them the tools to succeed in course work and degree completion.
|College||State avg- reading||State avg-writing||PAC||STC||EPCC||Lee||ACC|
All of our Texas community college partners have reported impressive gains in community college success and community college completion and graduation.
Colleges that have been trained in our model include:
- South Texas College on three of their campuses in the cities of McAllen, Rio Grande City and Weslaco
- El Paso Community College on two campuses in the greater El Paso area
- Palo Alto College (a member of Alamo Colleges) in the city of San Antonio
- Lee College in Baytown, southeast of Houston
- Austin Community College at two campuses in the cities of Austin and Kyle
- Houston Community College on two campuses in the greater Houston area
- Lone Star College at University Park, in the city of Houston
- Dallas Community College Eastfield, in the city of Dallas
- University of North Dallas, in the city of Dallas